Last week I visited a new microbrewery nestled in the heart of Sector 29, Gurgaon, called Factory by Sutra. Hailed for providing the best gastronomy, mixology and night out experience, Factory brings together the joys of a pub, brewery, and co-working space for the very first time in Gurgaon.
The three storey outlet is built on a 12,000 square feet area, large enough to accommodate more than 300 people at any given time. The 'raw' ambiance is totally in sync with the theme of a factory; it won't take you long to admire the aesthetically done interiors and decor. In fact, Factory's microbrewery plant and machinery located on the ground level of the outlet is also an integral part of the interiors. The large containers and brewery layout are specifically designed to completely draw in new and returning customers.
|Factory by Sutra|
When visiting the outlet, make sure to sample the exotic Craft beers prepared by Factory's very own expert brew masters. These handcrafted beers are known for rendering quality, freshness, and health benefits (contain proteins). My favorites are: German Lager, German Wheat, Dunkel Wheat, and Irish Black.
|Craft Beers at Factory by Sutra|
Apart from offering freshly brewed and handcrafted beers in its menu, Factory by Sutra also has a wide range of delectable cocktails and mocktails, along with the best variety of champagnes, wines, premium single malts, scotches, and Bourbon/Irish whiskeys.
Here are my top recommendations for beverages at Factory by Sutra:
- Virgin Sangria: A signature mocktail containing fresh fruits with passion syrup, peach syrup, and cranberry juice.
- Natwar Lal: True to its name, this mocktail contains chat masala, Sprite, and a combination of three syrups namely pomegranate, peach, and passion.
- OK Tested: Vodka (Absolut Mandrin) based cocktail infused with chunks of Malta, lemon wedges, mint leaves, Monin Mint syrup, crushed ice, soda, and Sprite.
- Joshi Levitation: Factory signature cocktail named after the head bartender Praveen Joshi. Contains gin infused with cucumber and ginger.
- Cool As A Cucumber
Located on the first level of this outlet is the coworking space, a unique dedicated facility where you can come and work while enjoying the benefits of a cafe and microbrewery, all combined to create an environment that is both chic and contemporary.
|Factory by Sutra|
In the mood to party? Factory invites you to experience the best of gastronomy and electric nightlife by offering authentic Indian, Oriental and European delicacies along with selected Mexican and Turkish flavors. The Live Pizza section has a variety of pizzas to choose from; Factory is also popular for its specialties like the North Indian Kebabs, variety of burgers, and Karari Roti. The seven-day lunch buffet at Factory features unique, mouth-watering specials each week.
Here are my top recommendations for food at Factory by Sutra:
- Delhi 6: Stuffed Golgappas with Bhelpuri and topped with aloo tikki and chutney.
- Kurkuri Bhindi Nachos: Crispy fried masala bhindi served with mint yoghurt.
|Kurkuri Bhindi Nachos|
- Crispy Calamari: Crispy squid rings dusted with peri peri sprinkle, served with coriander and chili sauce.
- Lemon Garlic Fish: Zesty lemon and garlic marinated fish, grilled and drizzled with creamy lemon sauce.
|Lemon Garlic Fish|
Room for more? Try these tasty appetizers:
- Caesar Salad
- Beetroot and Malta Salad
- Non-Veg Kebab Platter
- Kolkata Rolls
- American Chop Suey
- Factory Special Paneer Tikka
- Dahi Ke Kebab
- Seekh Eh Nazakat
- Achari Chicken Tikka
- Amritsari Macchi Tikka
- Butter Chicken Khichri (Signature)
- Madras Chicken Curry
|Butter Chicken Khichri and Madras Chicken Curry|
- Factory Special Keema Kaleji
- Grilled Chicken with Red Wine Sauce
|Factory Special Keema Kaleji|
|Different Types of Breads|
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Apple Crumble
Launched in March this year, Factory comes from the same company that brought to you the Sutra Gastropub in DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon.
|Factory by Sutra|
Visit Factory for the best home-brewed beers, cocktails and world cuisine, not to forget a fun, energetic and inspiring co-working space.
[Address: SCO-23, Sector 29, Gurgaon, Haryana 122002
Timings: 12.00 noon to Midnight
Seat Covers: 300
Average meal for two: INR 1200 plus taxes (without alcohol)