Wonderboxx - Age-specific, Hands-on Learning Tool Kits for Today's Kid
- Two to three expert-reviewed toys
- Three to four 'Do It Yourself' activities
- One board book or comic book designed by some of the best illustrators in the country
- One visual encyclopedia
- One newsletter presented with a slice of humor, containing expert advice for parents
|Deepanshu Arora and Parita Parekh|
Parita Parekh Says
- WonderBoxx is the brainchild of IIT Kanpur alumnus Deepanshu Arora and Brown University alumnus Parita Parekh.
- Both of them observed that kids today spent their maximum time in front of the TV or with tech gadgets, which does not allow them to think outside the box.
- While observing preschoolers in particular for over 2.5 months, Parita felt that she was also reliving her childhood with the little ones. And that's when the idea of "early learning" stuck with her.
- She got her product design head, Amit Gudadhe, into action and the rest as they say is history.
- WonderBoxx was formally launched in April 2015. The company continues to engage with parents and kids to gather feedback about their offerings.
- The diverse team at WonderBoxx includes alumni from some of the best educational institutions in the world such as the Brown University, TU Delft, IIT Kanpur, National Institute of Design, St. Stephen's College, and Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The staff has prior work experience in organizations such as McKinsey, Amazon, Clinton Foundation, NDTV, Discovery Kids, Schlumberger, and TaxiForSure.
- They have tested the product with over 200 children from the Ahmedabad International School in Gujarat.
- Right now there is no concrete plan to address the needs of children with disabilities, the most marginalized and excluded groups in our society.
- Through WonderBoxx, you will be able to address some important questions like "How to make a child multilingual?"
- Only organic colors and materials are deployed in the WonderBoxx tool kit.
Manish Jain Says
- Have you wondered what would happen if earth stops spinning?
- Will there be seasons or days/nights?
- Why eclipses don't happen every month even when moon goes around the earth in a month?
- Why is Zero Shadow Day observed only in Pune, not in Delhi?
- Children should be encouraged to imagine the answers to such questions right from the beginning.
- Let the little ones get their hands dirty by building, cutting, sticking, pulling things apart, and putting things together.
- The hands-on approach to science and math will make any learning experiential and then text books will start making more sense.
- Believes that parent's involvement is required at every stage for the child's overall development.
- Visit Arvind Gupta Toys on YouTube, which houses over 850 unique videos and 5000 in all, available in 18 different languages.
Target Age Group
- Tiny toddlers (1 to 3 year olds)
- The box for this age group is called "The Toddlosaurus Box".
- Designed to spark imaginative and constructive play.
- Preschoolers (3 to 5 year olds)
- The box for this age group is called "The Kiddosaurus Box".
- Designed to inspire children to explore, create, and learn.
- Little explorers (5 to 8 year olds)
- The box for this age group is called "The Ginomosaurus Box".
- Designed to lead innovation and discovery.
|Rishab with his Wonderboxx|