I love any effing excuse to try out a new F&B property; this time around, however, I was eager to find out what the buzz was all about!
CIRCUS continues the epicurean journey from its first outlet in South Extension II Delhi. Offering the perfect global street food for your palate, CIRCUS introduces different regional favorites, much to the delight of the discerning foodies in Gurgaon.
The brainchild of popular restaurateurs, Shivkaran Singh and Sunny Singh, CIRCUS is a local restaurant telling a global story.
The place succeeds to a large extent in rendering novel experiences, and here's why.
- Circus Kala Khatta Long Island Iced Tea (LIIT): Strictly for the connoisseurs of taste, this cocktail contains vodka, gin, rum, tequila, triple sec, and kala khatta. One LIIT shot was never going to be enough anyway; this should do the trick effectively!
- Circus Mojitos/Caprioskas: Enjoy your favorite cocktail recipe with Cola/Fanta/Old Monk/watermelon.
- Masala Gang: A vodka-based cocktail with the unusual addition of anardaana/aam panna/imli/kala khatta/ramladdu.
- Berry Sour: A refreshing concoction of fresh blueberries and 100 pipers.
- Ring of Fire: Another vodka-based cocktail made with guava, fresh coriander, green chili, and chat masala. The tangy flavors manage to hit the right notes on your taste buds.
- Pomo Sapphire: Made with the world's most awarded gin, Beefeater, this cocktail contains fresh pomegranate and chat masala.
- Melon Sangria: Delicious melon sangria recipe made with mixed summer melons, the perfect match for a crisp Sauvignon Blanc White Wine.
- Sangria Rosso: Popular red wine sangria recipe made using Stella Rosa Rosso.
- Kurkurra Paneer Tikka: A near perfect chargrilled appetizer made of cottage cheese, bell peppers, and marinated cream cheese, coated with papad.
- Paneer Pepper Fry: This wok tossed Andhra style appetizer is made of cottage cheese and curry leaves. Best served with chimichurri, which is a traditional Argentinian sauce.
- Murg Mirchi Taka Tak: Chargrilled creamy chicken tikkas tossed with fresh chili.
- Chicken 65: Double cooked, pan tossed chicken with ginger, cayenne pepper, and lime.
- Haryali Chicken Tikka: Chargrilled chicken morsels made of hung curd, cilantro, and green chili.
And while you're at it, don't forget to try the Crispy Lamb with bell peppers and schezwan sauce and the Butter Chicken Pizza.
If you prefer bowl meals, try the all-time favorite Veg Manchurian or Vegetables in your choice of sauce such as hot garlic/black bean/schezwan/black pepper.
Tiffin meals are also available - my personal favorites being dal CIRCUS with lachha parantha/garlic naan or Jogeya Tarkari with jeera rice/mirchi parantha.
Meat cravings? Go for the Chicken Thai Basil, which is made of chicken mince, holi basil, bird's eye chili, and oyster sauce.
You will also love the Kung Pao Chicken (served with ginger soy sauce, peanuts, and cashew) or Sliced Fish cooked as per choice (options include lemon coriander/chili bean/chili garlic/mustard chili sauce).
If you're ordering a tiffin meal, my recommendation would be Andhra chicken curry or Mutton ghee roast with lime rice/Malabar parantha.
Don't leave CIRCUS without tasting the classic Rice Kheer and Aate Ka Halwa (a hot pudding made of almonds and cashew rich whole wheat flour).
Open every day from 12 pm to 1 am, CIRCUS brings to you the most delicious street food at one place.
The place is bound to satisfy both your hunger and wanderlust with its no-fuss food and superb ambiance, making it an experience like no other.