A Day at Prankster - India's First Food and Brewery Campus
The brainchild of famous restaurateurs, Inderjeet and Jasmeet Banga, Prankster has a lot going for it!
Hailed as the biggest single floor restaurant in Gurgaon since its launch in September 2016, Prankster is built around the 'Back to college/university' theme with varied sections like the Classroom, Library, Lovers Point, Mixology Lab, Canteen, Parking Lot, Principal's Room, Hostel Room, Amphitheater, etc.
With a strong emphasis on food, Prankster introduces the 'Nostalgic-Progressive' cuisine for the first time ever. The food is futuristic yet succeeds in making you nostalgic from the word go!
Credits for the innovation in food go to two people primarily - Pawan Soni - a seasoned blogger who is now a leading partner at Prankster, and Chef Harangad Singh - who was formerly employed with reputed F&B properties like Tresind (Dubai) and Varq at The Taj Mahal Hotel (Delhi).
Here's what you should try on your first (or subsequent) visit.
- Flat Gappe: Baked flat gappa with a sphere of sweet and tangy water, offered as a complimentary appetizer at Prankster.
- Sambhar Cappuccino with Dosai Crisp: Light sambhar presented in the form of a soup, served alongside dehydrated dosa papad.
- Dry Fruit Salad: A progressive take on dry fruit salad, contains tamarind glazed dry fruit with nitro treated orange segment.
Bar Nibbles Veg
- Lotus Root Fritters: Available from 12 noon to 7 pm only, these delicious snacks are literally to die for!
- Pao Bhaji Zinker: A classic fast food dish presented in its modern spicy avatar, served with Maharashtrian garlic chutney.
Among the non-veg offering, I absolutely loved the Imly glazed Kung Pao Chicken with Coconut Foam and the Masala Teriyaki Lamb Chops with curried mash.
Char Grills Veg
- Litchi Tikka: Like me, even you can't help but drool over these sublime juicy whole litchis grilled in the tandoor and paired with cheese.
- Jodhpuri Paratha with Mock Meat: The flaky Jodhpuri paratha is a treat for all "magaz" lovers.
- 1440 Minutes - Nalli Nahari with Saffron Sheermal: You can't get enough of the sweet traditional leavened flat bread, served as part of a meal with delicious mutton curry called Nalli Nahari.
- Jalebi Platter: On one hand you have the thin, crisp saffron jalebi served with rabdi. On the other hand, you have a modern twist to the classic jalebi served in the form of saffron soft serve, jalebi crisp, jalebi pearls, jalebi dots, and chena jalebi churros.
You can also try the Deconstructed Jingle Pudding, an unconventional dessert where you can eat the plate too!
The interiors at Prankster are aesthetically done, courtesy Abhigyan Neogi, Principal and Founder at Chromed Design Studio. The 250-seater restaurant is the most innovative F&B Campus in the country spread over 10,000 square feet area, complete with bunk beds, wall graffitis, parked Lambretta scooters and Mahindra jeep, Chinese food van, etc.
More than anything, Prankster surprises you with its unparalleled innovation and ingenuity, paving the way to future while taking the Modern Indian and Multi-Cuisine food to a whole new level altogether.
[Address: Prankster, 8-9-10, Sector 29 Main Market, Gurgaon
Cuisine: Modern Indian and Multi-Cuisine
Meal for Two: INR 1500
Credit Card: Yes
Timings: 12 Noon to 12 Midnight]