It is not every day that you're invited to a beauty pageant. So when I was asked to cover the grand finale of Mrs. Delhi NCR 2015 as a blogger, I jumped out of my skin.
The event was organized by Glamour Gurgaon, an organization committed towards showcasing local talent. For me, this pageant signified the very essence of womanhood - compassion, courage, and charisma.
Day & Date: Friday, June 20, 2015
Venue: Hotel Country Inn and Suites, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Time: 7 ~ 10pm
The VIP guest list comprised the who's who of the glamour and entertainment industries, including:
- Rahul Roy: Bollywood Actor
- Aseem Merchant: Bollywood Actor
- Parvathy Omanakuttan: Miss India World 2008
- Sanjana Jon: Bollywood Fashion Designer
- Anita Dogre: Fashion Designer
It was heartening to see the new face of married Indian women from Delhi NCR; 22 of whom had braved the odds to participate in this pageant.
The participants in this edition of Mrs. Delhi NCR 2015 came from different walks of life, and were in the age group of 23 to 45 years old.
The pageant was divided into three rounds:
- Round I: Ramp walk in evening gown and traditional wear, followed by individual introductions
- Round II: Ramp walk in Poonam Dubey's collection
- Round III: Ramp walk in finale collection, followed by Q&A
The dance performances from Nrityaa kept the audience enthralled in-between rounds.
The pretty ladies also contested for titles like:
- Mrs. Beautiful Smile
- Mrs. Perfect Walk
- Mrs. Photogenic
- Mrs. Drama Queen
- Mrs. Beautiful Body
The walk to the grand finale wasn't particularly an easy one for the participants, who had to undergo extensive training, plus personal and personality grooming sessions.
After much fanfare, the following participants were declared the winners for this year.
- Mrs. Delhi NCR 2015: Mrs. Anuradha Bhayana (34) from Gurgaon
- 1st Runner-up: Mrs. Neha Khanna (32) from Gurgaon
- 2nd Runner-up: Mrs. Manisha Gupta (28) from Ghaziabad
For most married women who competed in this pageant, this could very well be a fresh start into the world of glamour and fame. I'm pretty sure that this event will inspire several other women to believe in themselves and let their inner beauty and knowledge transcend all barriers.