Last month I was invited to a bloggers table at the all new Fat Lulu's Bar and Pizzeria in Cross Point Mall Gurgaon. I have been meaning to visit this property since its launch in July 2014.
Brainchild of popular restaurateurs Deepak Datwani and Monika Batra, Fat Lulu's is the perfect place to enjoy live acoustic music and fresh brews while savoring sumptuous Italian food like hand rolled thin crust wood-fired oven pizzas, homemade ravioli and tortellini, etc.
|Fat Lulu's Bar and Pizzeria|
The kitchen is in the capable hands of Chef Amit Kaintura who comes with over 16 years of F&B experience, having worked for reputed brands like Olive Bar and Kitchen, Spaghetti Kitchen in Select Citywalk Mall, and many more.
|Fat Lulu's Bar and Pizzeria|
Here are my top recommendations for food and drinks at Fat Lulu's.
- Pizza Bombs (INR 275): You'll absolutely love these bite-sized pizza balls filled with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, mozzarella, ricotta, spinach, and cheddar cheese.
- Super Spicy Nachos (INR 275): Fresh homemade nachos in a super spicy avatar with melted Mexican cheddar, fresh cilantro, and sour cream. Best served with salsa.
- Lulu's BBQ Wings (INR 225): Jack's hickory wings served with spicy blue cheese dip.
- Beer Battered Fish Sticks (INR 295): An ideal evening snack made of mustard, lime juice, and marinated fish. Best served with homemade tartar sauce and skinny fries.
- Detox Salad (INR 295): Here's a salad to put you back on track; contains berries, avocado, cous cous, kale with honey lime, and poppy seed dressing.
Vegetarian Pizzas (INR 550 for 14")
- Queens: A signature pizza made of Jalapeno, olive, red onions, feta cheese, and rocket (Arugula).
- Lulu's Vegetarian: Another classic pizza made of zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, pecorino cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
Non-vegetarian Pizzas (INR 650 for 14")
- Soho: This medium spicy pizza contains pepperoni, parma ham, ground lamb, and Italian sausage.
- Fire in the Hole: True to its name, this spicy pizza is made of paprika marinated chicken, bird eye chilly, pimento chilly, jalapeno, and roasted garlic with masala sauce.
You can choose from the following pizza bases: Regular, whole wheat, garlic Provencal herbs, spinach, and beetroot.
The dough used in these pizzas is hand kneaded everyday using Doppio Zero low gluten, low starch flour.
Also, the herbed tomato sauce at Fat Lulu's is made using over 2000 tomatoes.
|Pizza at Fat Lulu's|
- Honey Glazed Pork Ribs (INR 575): You can't leave Fat Lulu's without tasting these whole spiced pork ribs with honey, white wine and brown sugar, glazed with apple jam honey mustard sauce.
- Windies Jerk Chicken (INR 475): Jerk marinated chicken and roasted potatoes, served with assorted vegetables and homemade BBQ sauce.
- Strawberry and Mint Sparkling Sangria (INR 525): This delectable Fat Lulu's signature sangria can be ordered in a glass or a pitcher.
- Dirty Lil Rascal (INR 425): This housemade cocktail contains a hearty mix of JD, old monk, orange peel, clove, star anise, and cinnamon with coke.
Desserts from Bombaykery
- Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake (INR 225)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake (INR 225)
- Tiramisu Jar (INR 225)
- Waffles: Battered and buttered, sweet and savory waffles at Fat Lulu's are to die for. Try them all!
The new property can easily accommodate over 50 guests at any given time, making it the most spacious Fat Lulu's outlet to date (FYI Fat Lulu's has five outlets in Delhi-NCR alone). Open every day from 11 am to midnight, the bar and pizzeria can be visited for brunch/lunch/dinner. The decor is chic and contemporary; the exposed red brick wall interiors in particular will knock your socks off. Other highlights are the classic Foosball table, projector screen, ceiling lamps, and exotic antiques.
|Classic Foosball Table|
|Blue Tokai Coffee|
|Yours truly at Fat Lulu's|
A visit to Fat Lulu's should be high on your agenda. You can thank me later!