Book Launch at Costa Coffee - Like a Love Song by Nikita Singh
|Nikita releasing her new book - Like a Love Song|
|Me taking a selfie with Nikita at the Book Launch|
|Nikita Singh talking about her new book - Like a Love Song|
- She is more of a 'realist' than a 'romanticist'.
- Her favorite authors include Jhumpa Lahiri, an award-winning Indian American author, better known for her first novel, The Namesake.
- Her preferred genre is romance, so she chooses to write about it, more specifically in context of 'romance with a man'.
- Since Nikita is still in her final semester of Masters, she enjoys reading a lot. She also feels that writing with a bunch of writers is a different experience altogether.
- Her advice for budding writers is to first master how to read. According to Nikita, "If you read better, you write better! Prose gets richer when you read something that's good."
- Nikita feels that writing has changed her level of patience: "Am a little less impatient now!" she says. As I writer myself, I couldn't agree more!
- If Nikita had it her way, she would go back in time and edit all her books.
- Her latest novel 'Like a Love Song' showcases the personal and professional stories of two females - Mahi and Laila. Her next book is going to be exclusively about Laila. Baking is a central idea of her new novel*.
[During her vacations to CA, Nikita was in awe of the Indians community in the region who used to bake a lot.]
- All her books center on female characters; these characters are very real, and as Nikita says, flawed without being bad people.
- Her advice for females: "Females all across the world first need to be in love with themselves before they can go ahead to love others."
And finally, on the topic of how to get published, Nikita responded by saying, "Concentrate on writing and rewriting. Write 1 to 2 chapters in one go. Also, plan your book at least 8 to 10 months in advance."