A decade ago, in the hot, summery month of June, Sadhna and I decided to tie the knot in the presence of our closest family members and friends. Sadhna is everything I ever wanted in a partner - a wonderful wife, a committed mother, and a caring daughter.
In the last 10 years of our marriage, there hasn't been a single dull moment, and I feel truly blessed to have her in my life.
|Vishi & Neelaakshi, Sadhna & Me - at NYC|
To celebrate our everlasting love for each other, I took Sadhna out to the most romantic place in the town this Valentine's Day - NYC at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi. An all-day dining restaurant where you can spend countless memorable moments with your loved ones amid free-flowing spirits and wines.
|NYC at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi|
|Sitting at NYC|
|NYC - Interiors|
Critics hail NYC as a multi-cuisine restaurant with magnificent ambiance and widespread buffet. I couldn't agree more! You can choose from a vast array of specially crafted international delicacies along with unlimited beverages.
|Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi|
On this Valentine's Day at NYC, a classic buffet menu was unveiled with an exclusive mix of 'all-you-can-eat food' for mere INR 5014 per couple. The standard à la carte menu was also available.
|Beverages at NYC|
Salads - Vegetarian
Sadhna was quite impressed with the myriad selection of salads. She couldn't stop raving about the zucchini roll with spiced feta cheese and mint.
I for one desired a simple alternate for salad, and was ecstatic to find artichokes with coriander and roasted peppers.
The beetroot "Carpaccio" was scrumptious - topped with goat cheese, roasted garlic, and honey basil syrup. We also tried the roasted baby potatoes with Dijon mustard and chives.
If you're someone who likes to be served at the table, go for the antipasto of zucchini with olives and semi dried tomatoes.
The duo of scooped melon with chili basil vinaigrette and frisse is to die for!
|Vegetarian Salad at NYC|
|Salads and drinks at NYC on Valentine's Day|
Salads - Non-vegetarian
Among the non-veg salads, don't forget to savor the poached prawns with tomato and olive tartare and greens.
For connoisseurs of meat, there was plenty to cheer about. I went after the smoked chicken with orange segments and red wine poached figs, followed by sliced lamb shavings, snow peas and sweet red pepper.
Magnificent options were also available in platters, such as:
- Smoked ham with pickled vegetables
- Slow cooked Gremolata tenderloin with rocket leaf
- Cured salmon with fennel and caper
- Jerk spiced chicken slice with spiced marinated dry fruits
|Non-vegetarian Salad at NYC|
Cold Seafood Station
From the days of our courtship, I knew that Sadhna had a thing for seafood; in South Korea, where we stayed for a little over seven years, she preferred to eat out at seafood restaurants only.
At NYC also, when she stumbled upon the Cold Seafood Station, her eyes nearly popped out of her head. Her excitement was contagious, and she immediately invited me over.
The station had a great assortment of seafood, including shrimp pyramid, green mussels, clams, scampi, etc., jazzed up with lemon wedges, capers, Cognac cocktail sauce, and pickled onions.
|Cold Seafood Station|
|Shrimp Pyramid with Dips|
|Green Mussels and Clams|
Sushi Bar was the clear winner for me. You could choose from different varieties of rolls, such as the salmon and asparagus roll, prawn and carrot roll, assorted peppers roll, and cucumber and pickled radish roll.
The Cheese Board comprised grapes, celery and crackers.
For soup, Sadhna ordered Tom Yum Goong, which is a Thai prawn soup with lemongrass. This hot and sour soup is considered to be one of the main signature soups that define the authentic Thai flavor.
I quite liked the braised tomato and fennel soup, which contained an excellent texture and flavorful combination of tomato and fennel.
The tomato and basil bruschetta and Sicilian Caponata on garlic crostini that we ordered separately complemented the soups beautifully.
NYC offers a wide variety in mains for all types of cuisines - be it Western, Asian, Indian, etc. You can also order from the live kitchen.
Here are my favorites from every cuisine:
- Lemon grilled Basa fish with baby vegetables and saffron nage
- Peri-peri chicken breast with roasted pineapple salsa
- Sous-vide cooked caramelized pork belly with honey apples
- Homemade ricotta and spinach gratin
- Creamy corn Agnolotti with confit cherry tomato sauce
- Medley of vegetables with fresh thyme
- Shallow fried herb bread and potato cakes
|Shallow fried herb bread and potato cakes|
|Creamy corn Agnolotti with confit cherry tomato sauce|
|Homemade ricotta and spinach gratin|
|Sous-vide cooked caramelized pork belly with honey apples|
|Peri-peri chicken breast with roasted pineapple salsa|
- 'Cantonese style' stir fried chicken and greens
- Crispy fish in lime and basil sauce with crispy ginger
- Schezwan potatoes and greens
- Broccoli and black mushroom with garlic and pepper sauce
- Burnt garlic and kale fried rice
- Chili garlic noodles
- Laal Maas
- Methi Murgh
- Kairi Wali Bhindi
- Aloo Chutney Waley
- Paneer Jaipuri
- Heeng Jeerey Ke Dal
- Dal Makhani
- Subzion Ki Tahiri
- Kachey Gosht Ki Biriyani
|Kairi Wali Bhindi|
- Shallow fried prawns with five flavor sauce
- Gulukand Murgh Tikka
- Macchi Patrani - banana leaf wrapped mustard marinated fish fillet
- Singharey Aur Mirchion Ka Tinkey
- Cheese fritters
- Crispy fried stuffed lychee with Asian pickle and Sriracha sauce
|Singharey Aur Mirchion Ka Tinkey|
|Cheese fritters and Crispy fried stuffed lychee with Asian pickle and Sriracha sauce|
Whether it was the fresh strawberry Pavalova, dark and white chocolate pastry, pineapple marzipan cake, or passion fruit and raspberry pastry, NYC had the best desserts to say 'I love you' this Valentine's Day.
With winning ingredients such as chocolate and chili, strawberries and champagne, these desserts were destined to make the most romantic day of the year extra special.
Here are my favorite desserts from their Valentine's special menu:
- Lemon Swiss Roll with Italian Meringue
- Amaretto Tiramisu in Dark Chocolate Cup
- Fresh Strawberry and Clove Semolina Greek
- Vanilla Cardamom Crème Brûlée with Roasted Nuts
- Guava Baked Yogurt with Red Wine Cherry Compotes (Eggless)
- Scotch Raisin and Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Nutmeg White Chocolate Marquise with White Chocolate Fans
- Fresh Strawberry Praline Cream Pavalova
- Spicy Dark Chocolate Mousse in Glass
- Wild Berry Trifle Grand Mariner Jelly in Glass
- Chocolate Crunchy Whisky Cake
- Marinated Strawberry on Sable
|Spicy Dark Chocolate Mousse in Glass|
|Chocolate Crunchy Whisky Cake|
|Fresh Strawberry Praline Cream Pavalova|
|Strawberry Baked Yoghurt|
|Amaretto Tiramisu in Dark Chocolate Cup|
|Vanilla Cardamom Crème Brûlée with Roasted Nuts|
|Marinated Strawberry on Sable|
|Lemon Swiss Roll with Italian Meringue|
|Nutmeg White Chocolate Marquise with White Chocolate Fans|
|Wild Berry Trifle Grand Mariner Jelly in Glass|
|Assorted Desserts at NYC|
- Gaajar Ka Halwa
- Strawberry Shahi Tukra
- Kheer Kadam
NYC at the Radisson Blu Plaza is just the perfect place to rekindle your romance in style. I am so looking forward to visiting them again!