Setting Up A Rendezvous With Kerala - God's Own Country
Quite recently, the epic Indian film, Baahubali: The Beginning (a. k. a. The One with Strong Arms) was shot near Athirappilly Falls, the largest waterfall in Kerala which is nicknamed The Niagara of India.
|Mr. Sheikh Pareeth|
|Kerala 360 Degrees|
Do a homestay in Alleppey or visit the Spice Village in Thekkady. Kerala is rapidly transforming into a complete 360 degrees vacation destination.
|Kerala 360 Degrees - The Complete Holiday Destination|
- Statistics on domestic/international tourist arrival in Kerala
- New initiatives in God's Own Country
- Real progress in the virtual world
- Expected growth in Kerala Tourism
- Marketing plan for 2015-2016
- Awards and Accolades
|Kerala - God's Own Country|
It was heartening to know more about places like Munnar, a hill station and former resort for the British Raj elite. My favorite part of his presentation was when he talked of the local artisans of Kumarakom, a popular tourism destination located near the city of Kottayam, and the Kochi-Muziris Biennale, an international exhibition of contemporary art, which happens to be the first Biennale being held in India.
|Bumped into him at the Entrance|
|A Unique Dance Form in Kerala|
|A Beautiful Chandelier at The Leela Ambience Gurgaon Hotel & Residences|
- Kathakali - where the artistes speak - not through words - but through facial and gestural idioms.
- Mohiniyattam - where the dancer sways gracefully like a coconut palm in the evening breeze.
- Kalaripayattu - one of the oldest fighting systems in existence.
- Kolkali - where the dancers move in a circle striking small sticks and keep rhythm with special steps according to the music.
- Puli Kali (dance of the tiger) - which is an integral part of the Onam festival.
|Visit Kerala 2015-16|