Last week I witnessed a rather unusual affair at a full service restaurant and bar situated in a quiet, yet prime location of Gurgaon.
It was a rainy Tuesday evening. Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to visit my favorite haunt in Gurgaon called SANDYS Cocktails and Kitchen. The idea was to enjoy a delectable Pan Asian and European cuisine in the backdrop of some Jazz, Swing, and Blues.
As soon as I arrived, it dawned to me that they were hosting a special event. I immediately inquired with the receptionist and was informed that SANDYS will now promote some of the best artists in the city every Tuesday via a series of evenings called 'The Night of Renaissance'.
Being an art lover myself, it felt like music to my ears.
|Murals on Display|
Events of such caliber are relatively unheard-of in India, and I'm so glad that SANDYS has voluntarily agreed to share space to artists from different genres like painting, sculpture, music, theater, poetry, literature, etc.
|Meet the Organizers|
It will provide a great opportunity for artists to showcase their talents to a small group of people, but more importantly, allow like-minded people to mingle amidst good food and drinks.
|Upper Deck - SANDYS|
Artists can not only display but also sell their art now without any commission. They can even compile free portfolios. Isn't that great!
|An Antique Fan at SANDYS|
For a person like me who values creativity, it is a chance to celebrate art while networking, learning, and exploring opportunities to collaborate.
|Lower Deck - Lounge Area|
The Night of Renaissance
Every Tuesday, 7 pm onward, SANDYS will transform into a cultural hub where artists will share their work and create something new while enjoy world-class food and beverages. At a time when many F&B outlets are only hosting musicians as performers, SANDYS has decided to promote art in all forms.
|Dais for Artists|
The Night of Renaissance will revive old beliefs by setting the stage for various artists who will be painting and sketching, singing, playing instruments, and reciting poetry.
|A Painter in Action|
Here is a unique line-up of artists who performed at the first chapter of this series:
- Lew Hilt: Legendary rock musician turned sketch artist
- Yogesh Saini: Founder of Delhi Street Art, Delhi's biggest art organization
- Kshitij Dhyani: Lead guitarist of Begum, a famous band
- Aina Singh: Performer of Delhi Poetry Slam, who was featured on CNN-IBN Live
[PS] Artists' Profiles can be found here.
|In Search of Salvation by Lew Hilt|
|Hand of Fate by Lew Hilt|
|An Artist in Action|
|A Beautiful Piece of Art|
|Aina Singh and Kshitij Dhyani|
|Strawberry Cocktail at SANDYS|
|Group of Talented Painters|
|Lovely Piece of Art|
SANDYS Cocktails and Kitchen will host artists every Tuesday and provide them avenues to rejoice their art. Plus there is an additional 20% off on food and drinks only for them.
So if you're an artist, bookmark your calendar. Because all roads will now lead to SANDYS on Tuesday evenings.
SANDYS Cocktails and Kitchen holds the promise of promoting art in the city while focusing on delicious drinks, delectable dishes, and great customer experience.
- Location: 388 SCO, Sec 29, Near IFFCO Chowk Metro Station, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Hours of Operation: Open every day from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- Reservations: Online via http://sandyscnk.com/reservation or by calling 9811006904/9811551188.
- Food: Pan-Asian and European cuisine.
- Beverages: Molecular Cocktails, Martinis, Singapore Sling, etc.
- Seating: Indoor (Upper and Lower Decks); Outdoor (Herb Garden with parasols). Total seating available for 93 people (with 10 additional seats at the bar).
- Parking: Free self-parking space opposite the restaurant.